When will they stop growing?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Olivia__, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Olivia__

Olivia__ Registered Users

Nelly is 8 months and seems like she has stops of growing. When do they tend to be full grown? She's still quite slight and slim and has a puppy face. Might she just have a bit of filling out to do and maturing?

2. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

She won't have stopped growing yet, it's just slowed right down. If I remember rightly they don't reach adult height until approx. 12 to 18mths and then can still have some filling out to do.
    Ash who'll be 8mths in a couple of days is just the same, he doesn't look to have grown much at all this last month and like Nelly still looks very puppy like.

3. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

Axel basically stopped putting on weight at 12/13 months old. Only recently has he started filling out and putting on weight again. He's 19 months old now

4. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Red is 8 months old. She is as big as our other Lab but very slim and with a puppy face. I expect she will grow more and of course fill out during the next year.

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sam stopped growing , height wise, at around 10/12 months, but didn't stop filling out until around 18 months.

6. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Stanleys 16 months and still growing.

Everytime my sister sees him (about a once every 6 weeks) she's always horrified how big he's got in that time :D

7. QuinnM15

QuinnM15 Registered Users

Quinn stopped putting on weight for a couple of months (age 13-15 months) and then started filling out and slowly gaining more weight 15-19 months. She seems to have settled now weight-wise, but people comment frequently about how much "older" and "bigger" she seems (now 20.5 months). I think she will fill out a tiny bit more, but she is fine boned and featured, so will remain petite.