When would be a good time to let pup in living room?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Sarah B, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Maddog67

Maddog67 Active Member

He will settle in time sounds as though you've done a great job so far but though puppy cuddles on the sofa are nice I don't recommend them puppy's grow into big dogs.I personally won't have them on the furniture or on our bed because of hairs etc plus they will sleep where their most comfortable around the house what they don't have they don't miss plus you won't be battling with them in the future for your place on the sofa and your guests going away covered in dog hairs.Their place in your family and what they can and can't do in your home starts now Good Luck

Sarah B likes this.
  2. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Yes hairs are a bit annoying, but trust me he can't make much more mess than the kids :D
    Our old dog Patch used to be allowed on the sofa. And the beds.
    But I probably won't allow Loki on the beds here but I really don't mind the sofa

3. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Training a sofa dog is hard work if they're a biter. Last night Xena hopped up on the sofa between me and the kid...she curled up into a ball immediately! SHE DIDN'T TRY TO BITE US! HALLELUJAH! Finally seeing an improvement in the biting at almost 5 months. It's a relief to be able to see some of the forest for the trees :) Like Loki, Xena also preferred the taste of child, so just be very aware of child+dog on the sofa, and avoid the sofa completely if the dog is excited.

bbrown, Sarah B and Kelsey&Axel like this.
  4. Sarah B

Sarah B Registered Users

Yes currently only going to let Loki in the living room in the evenings once the kids have gone to bed.
    I have to say Loki is not that much of a biter yet, only the odd time which haven't been hard but I guess that can change. I think he's quite gentle. He's still on a rice bone and hedgehog from over a week ago. Think he's too lazy. Likes sleep haha

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

My Tatze cuddles with me on the sofa every evening, we both love it :D

Hairs are dealt with using a handheld vac. Like you say, kids are worse - snail trails of snot lol!

Sarah B likes this.
  6. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

Is this true for upstairs too? We keep the hall doors shut but when we need to open them Libby dashes through quick as a flash and straight upstairs for a juicy slipper!

7. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

I don't let mine go upstairs usually, so when they get a chance the do what Libby does, though they don't go for my slippers, but tend to pick up a shoe and then lose it! Upstairs is exciting 'cos it is forbidden territory :D

DebzC likes this.
  8. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Why?

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Maddog has left us, so sadly won't be able to respond. I suppose some people just don't fancy having their dogs taking up all the sofa, while they're perched on the end. I just made sure my new sofa was big enough ;)

Sarah B likes this.
  10. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Has he returned to his own century?:rolleyes:

11. Karen

Karen Registered Users

We think so, yes :)

Samantha Jones likes this.