Which is best, male or female?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by pippa@labforumHQ, May 27, 2015.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Charlie is extremely affectionate - he constantly wants cuddles, tummy rubs, tail scratches and just to be close to humans. He wants to sit on them and be cuddled. The male Lab I had as a kid was like this too. Not the male Collies and GSD we had though - no way, those boys did not want cuddles at all.

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

We have a girl and a boy. Hattie is is our first dog and she is so affectionate and without a doubt would protect me and my family. On a walk a few years ago we saw a man coming towards us and he disappeared into some trees, Hattie ran to the spot and barked like crazy which is very unlike her and I wonder what might have happened if she hadn't been with me in such a secluded place. Charlie on the other hand would then have taken the opportunity to leg it :rolleyes: If a dog looks suspicious or jumps up at me Hattie gets in between it and me and won't allow it. Charlie is our rescue dog and we are very lucky that he is an extremely affectionate boy and can always be found with one of our children snuggled up on a bed. or sofa watching TV with them and everyone that comes into our house is greeted with Charlie kisses and cuddles.

Definately a girl for us next time, I would never have a boy again there's just something about girls xx

3. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I've never had a more licky dog than Juno and our other bitches were very affectionate. Juno usually ends up sleeping on my feet, even if it means stretching out of her bed to reach them :).

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I lost my darling girl Tess four years ago just about now :( , she was a pale yellow Lab girl ,my soul mate , and whilst devastated at losing her , I knew that I had to have another Lab in my life . I also knew that it had to be different , a black boy, hence Sam :) Having had male and female dogs for many years , I honestly couldn't say which is the better , Tess was more bold and confident, where Sam is a cautious dog but was easier to train, just love them all, regardless :)

5. Jen

Jen Registered Users

All labradors are gorgeous but for me it has to be black boys.

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I love all labs, but I think I prefer girls . Harley is so affectionate to me, but is also very independent

7. debsie

debsie Registered Users

I have one of each. They have very different personalities regardless of gender, in terms of how affectionate they are, I would say both are very affectionate dogs who love a cuddle, but Brods is more gloopily and dramatically afffectionate, while Cuilli is more considerdly and elegantly affectionate, if that makes sense ! both super loyal. Cuilli has been a complete dream to train, all she wants to do is work with you. Brods a bit more headstrong....Im always going to have 2 and will have one of each!