Whimpering after x rays

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Lynne Jackman, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Lynne Jackman

Lynne Jackman Registered Users

My 6 yr old lab has been having back leg problems after going mad on the beach (we've only just moved here) and jumping out of the car when getting home. Took her to the vet and she was x rayed yesterday. She has cruciate damage on her left side and arthritis on her right hip. Last night she was understandably dopey, lots of calm and strokes. This morning she woke me whimpering, ate breakfast but won't go to the toilet and continues to cry. Is this normal? Sorry just need some advice.

2. Aitch

Aitch Registered Users

It could just be the way they had to manipulate her for the x rays. Take her back to the vet if it doesn't settle as she may need some pain relief.

Lynne Jackman and Stacia like this.
  3. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Anaesthetics can upset dogs and cause them to whimper, however, your dog might be in pain, I would phone the vet for some advice.

Lynne Jackman likes this.
  4. Lynne Jackman

They have given her some onsior tabs 1 a day as the metacam she had before gave her sickness and diahhroah. The vet did say he would have to manipulate her joints too. They worry you so much don't they.

Stacia likes this.
  5. Lynne Jackman

Thank you

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Poor girl :(
    When we had X-rays done Harley whimpered for a few hours, but then settled. If she’s still like this now I would give the vets a call as she might be in lots of pain.

Lynne Jackman and selina27 like this.
  7. Lynne Jackman

Spoke to the vet earlier, they think it's probably where they manipulated the joints and she's feeling sorry for herself. She's calmer now and hope it continues this way.

Naya and selina27 like this.
  8. Lin

Lin Registered Users

I do hope she will be better soon, poor love.

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Poor girl it's just so miserable and we feel it so much xx

10. Candy

Candy Registered Users

Poor, poor sweetheart. It's just heartbreaking isn't it? And of course they can't really explain. Do hope she's feeling less miserable soon. Thoughts are with you.

11. Lynne Jackman

Thank you all for your comments, really appreciate your comments. She's better than she was although she is still limping quite badly on her right side, arthritis, most days. She's still on her anti inflammatory meds but that's it. Has anyone else been through this? What else can I do for her? My poor baby seems to have aged overnight and it's heart breaking.