Willow booked in for her spay

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Willow booked in for her spay

Gypsy is still growing like a weed - so her food has gone up since her spay, I think this is because she had it done at 6 months, before any season. She's not skinny - but very slim and all legs, I won't be cutting her food for a while yet.

Tatze put on weight rapidly after her spay and her food had to be cut back to 2/3 what it was - she's back to her slim self now but it took a while. I think this is because I waited 'till after her first season when she had stopped growing.

In other words, I would wait to see what happens food wise :)

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=9856.msg143215#msg143215 date=1423733922]
    In other words, I would wait to see what happens food wise :)
    [/quote]

Wise words :)

I just wasn't sure whether she needed any extra fuel to go through the healing process. Again, I'm sure "wait and see" is probably the best advice :)

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=9856.msg143071#msg143071 date=1423667912]

Anally retentive? Moi? 8)
    [/quote]

Nope! Perfect Dogmum I'd say x

4. Rue7514

Rue7514 Registered Users

It has been 2 months since Rue had hers done, and oh my, it was such a hard time for us! Our vet asked she be left overnight, and I was a mess the whole time. But everything went smoothly and she was back to herself within 2 days. As far as food goes, we've fed her the same anount and she has still stayed on the slim side, as she was before. The vet said weight gain would probably be more of a concern in adulthood.

5. Rue7514

Rue7514 Registered Users

It will be fine, though! Just hang in there! It'll be a distant memory very, very soon.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Registered Users

Good luck to Willow and Chepi and their mums! :) I can only sympathise with the worrying as I will be the same in a month's time, but I keep telling myself lots of little girl-pups have to go through this and they're fine.... their mums get over it too! 8)

Thinking of you!