windfall

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by labl0ver, Oct 13, 2018.

1. labl0ver

labl0ver Registered Users

so we pick up our pup tomorrow- hoorah.
    With these strong winds we have quite a lot of Rowan tree orange berries on our lawn and what hopefully will be his toilet area. Whats the rule generally for eating windfall as a pup/adult, anything specifically to avoid ?
    I am aware of the plants ie onions, garlic, grapes etc can be toxic and household garden plants, but should I be concerned with Autumnal windfall ?
    thanks
    Fra

2. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi welcome, how exciting for you,a new puppy.

Our pup is now 8 months old and has always and still does eat everything. We have Rowan trees, plum, pear and all sorts in our garden, some of which we looked up and found were poisonous, so please be careful and research carefully.

We brought some temporary plastic fencing on a roll to block off areas of danger.

Your pup may not be as bad as ours but always best to check what's dangerous in your garden in case

3. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

Many plants and berries are toxic and rowan tree berries fall within this group so it is important that your pup is prevented from eating them. Can you set up an area away from the berries? I always take my pup out on a lead for toileting so we can focus on that and not trying to eat the garden or playing instead. I also never leave a pup, or adult dog, unsupervised in a garden.