worried

Discussion in 'Labrador Behavior' started by SwampDonkey, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Naya

Naya Registered Users

I'm glad you are both ok. I know it does make you more wary of certain dogs, but better to be safe by removing Rory where you can. Glad today was better x

SwampDonkey likes this.
  2. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Glad both of you are OK. Not easy at times as we all know.
    We have plenty of idiots around, but as Vanilla always wants to say hello makes it difficult at times. She is getting better. Worst is though in the dark and we are on leash and other dogs charge up and no owner in sight. Been a few times where I had to pick her up to get out of the situation purely as only one way out.
    Then my mouth opens at the owners, and all I get is a dumb look as if it is all my fault :confused:.

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

Yes but have you and your dogs been physically attacked by 2 grown men? This is what happened to induce this responce. Rory had been fine up to this point it was horrible

4. SwampDonkey

I've been really careful with Rory kept him away from stressful situation put him in his lead if there's a flat faced breed around and been very vigilant. Was out with my friend and her daughter all our dogs were on leads as we were getting close to the car park. A dog I didn't like the look of stalked up to Rory in a vetwy threatening way. I got in front of Rory and it jusy kept harassing him. I asked the owner 3 timrs politely to remove the dog. It was a nightmare she judt keep screaming its name and doing nothing she would not get near him as he kept launching at Rory. I pushed it away and kept blocking it from Rory. I told the woman to move her stupid dog or it was going to get bitten. She was completely hysterical hopeless and usless. Rory stayed calm but my friend looked as furious as I felt. Why won't people control their nasty dogs. So upset and just feel powerless I do everything to help Rory and it gets undone by Mormons. He was really good though my friend was impressed

5. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

@SwampDonkey I'm so very very sorry to read your post. We have our fair share of idiots round here but the morons that live near you take it to a whole new level. Sending you big hugs and Rory too. :hug::hug:

6. SwampDonkey

I just wonder if there's a big arrow above our heads that says kick us. My friend says we did nothing and both me and Rory behaved well so why?

7. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

8. SwampDonkey

Me too but my friend said Rory behaved perfectly so I'm going to be brave not worry about it and get more proactive. he was fine with all the dogs he met today. I just wish everyone would learn to be more considerate thoughtful and kind. I just thought the woman's behaviour was odd very off she didn't even try to stop her dog just kept out of the way did nothing almost like her dog did this all the time and she didn't want to get near it.

9. Sven

Sven Registered Users

I have not, but Vanilla has been kicked once when she was a little pup less than 6months by a guy on the beach (I heard the contact). Luckely and I have no idea how this has not had an impact on her.
    She has had a few run ins with other dogs where if I had not stood right next could/would have turned nasty. Main one a pit bull pinning her down owner not in sight, about to go for it and me pulling it off.

Hope Rory and you get better experiences out and about.

10. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So sorry you've had these horrible experiences. It's so frustrating and scary for you. Sounds like Rory handled himself well in the last incident, you should be very proud of him. Try not to be discouraged, you are doing a great job!