Yaz bites

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Jerry Ford, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Jerry Ford

Jerry Ford Registered Users

Good morning. I love labs and have had five. Yaz is a 15 month old black lab. He is two weeks from completing his recovery from Total Hip Replacement (THR). It has been difficult for both of us, me because I am 74 years old ( but in good physical shape) and him because he is confined to his kennel except for leash walks and going outside to do his business. Yaz is basically a good dog. He is house trained, comes when called and knows basic commands. He has been neutered. Yaz has one very bad behavior problem. He leads with his teeth. He does not bite visciously but he nips as if playing and he will try to bite me if he does not want to return to his kennel after a walk. I have tried everything to break this habit with no success. There are no children in my house so this problem is confined to me and my wife. Grandchildren do not live close but they visit andI want Yaz to be the laid back dog Labs are supposed to be. Any help or advice would be appreciated. BTW! Yaz had his THR at Texas A&M. They are great people.