You know you have a lab when.....all your slippers go missing

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Edp, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Meg is 3....a working black lab. She is bright as a button and never been destructive ....but wow does she always have to carry something. Mainly my shoes....it's ok as if she carries on outside and I spot her she will return if asked. The problem is if I don't see her take it out.....usually in the morning school run chaos...I then usually find them soggy under a bush...so tonight I was wandering around in my odd pair of slippers when I got excited as spotted a stray slipper thinking I could at last make a pair...oh no...it was another odd slipper...I had to laugh ......I guess the other 3 are out in the rain somewhere....just love her :heart: image.jpeg

2. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

We don't have slippers. We don't buy them anymore we've had a lot of labs;)

drjs@5 and Edp like this.
  3. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Sadly they are a must in our cold house with mainly stone floors....think I will just buy more and wear more odd ones #needwarmtoes

4. Saba's Boss

Saba's Boss Registered Users

Our non-working family pet loves all sorts of footwear. He's not fussy, any shoe/boot/slipper/sock will do! Fortunately, I favour wearing odd socks, so it's not too much of a problem, and his treasure is always returned upon request :)
    Our spaniel also loved shoes. To eat or bury. :cwl::cwl:

5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Yeah, that moment when you realise your shoe/slippper is in the middle of the garden in the rain......

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ah I love Meg stories,shame for you you with no full set of slippers!
    Dexter always brings a shoe when he decides it's walk time and I haven't got the hint when he comes to find me to sit on my head!

7. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Does she always take one foot? Is left or right her preference? :D:D

Ella isn't a shows stealer but she certainly makes up for it in her work stealing abilities :rolleyes:. Sometimes she appears from nowhere with a sock on her mouth and we have no idea where it came from!

8. Naya

Naya Registered Users

That's so funny :chuckle:
    Harley pinches trainers and socks. She runs into the garden and stands staring at me. If I walk away and ignore her she drops it and looks at me as if to say 'if you aren't going to play, come and get it yourself'.

Saba's Boss likes this.
  9. T Reischl

T Reischl Registered Users

Murphy is just all proud of himself when he nabs a sock. We will be watching TV, and here he comes, LOOK! I got your sock! He is a real good boy though, never chews them up and if we tell him to sit and let us have it, he slowly gives it up.

My most fun thing though is a tennis ball. I have a workshop in the back yard and this time of year I leave the door open so he can come and go as he pleases. Quite often, he hears me take a break....a little bit later, a tennis ball comes rolling from behind my workbench. Or a pine cone....

drjs@5 and Saba's Boss like this.
  10. Peter Milo

Peter Milo Registered Users

Sera was an avid slipper destroyer until recently, just after she turned 4. She might take one occasionally, but just carries and drops...no chewing. It's quite a relief. ;)

drjs@5 likes this.