Zac is a star...

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Zacbrownpup, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Zacbrownpup

Zacbrownpup Registered Users

So at 5 months, we have had a trainer come to the house a number of times and we love her. She has pronounced Zac to be "rocket scientist" smart. however - he is big (43 lbs), strong, stubborn and I am thinking is very choosey about when he displays his smarts. At her last visit she said.. "well the good news is that he isn't mean". Then proposed that she train him for free if she can video tape and document his progress to use for her other training clients.

This is great for us - since it will not drain our wallets! But - there is a part of me that is thinking "omg - he is SO BAD that she is using him as an example!"

2. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Re: Zac is a star...

You could think 'he is SO GOOD that she is using him as an example ;D

3. Zacbrownpup

Zacbrownpup Registered Users

LOL - I don't think so Stacia, this morning she asked me to send her a brief clip of us "trying" to walk him on leash for the "before" portion. In other words - send me a video of you holding on for dear life as he tries to bolt in every direction!

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

This means he is a fast learner! :) He may have a few behaviours to work on (show me a dog who doesn't and I'll give you a million bucks!!) but the trainer knows that, with training, he will pick up quickly on what he is supposed to be doing and it will be easy to see changes in him as a result of the training. That's great! :D And free training - what a bonus!!