ZiWipeak...

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by JulieT, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Lochan

Lochan Supporting Member Forum Supporter

N&D floats! Both the girls gobbled it as a treat but that says precisely nothing about palatability in general as they will eat virtually anything. But at least it floats....

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

HaHa! Requirement for floating kibble satisfied! :D:D:D

The ziwipeak continues to go down well here, so I'll use up the bag then see whether I feel like spending another £20....

3. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Buy the small 454gr pouches, leave in convenient place for dog to help itself. Job done!

PS take out a mortgage first!

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Well, I'm liking ziwipeak....his weight is stable, or a bit lower than it was even, and the ziwipeak flakes are pretty high value. It's working well, and I feel better that his treat allowance is a bit more balanced than it was.

I'm sticking with this, I think. I'm not swapping to feeding ziwipeak, it's very expensive and I also think if he got it all the time the value would reduce, but it's a great treat solution.

5. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

What a good idea - I will try this for my two :)

6. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

My 1kg bag arrived today, fingers crossed Mabel likes it otherwise JulieT Charlie will be receiving a present in the post.

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hah hah! The cost of it that would be very generous! Hope she gets on with it ok.

8. Pilatelover

I hope she gets on with it too, I found it at the bargain price of £18.99!!!! I haven't shared that info with OH

9. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I've found it useful - it's higher value than basic stuff, not tip top (it IS kibble, after all) but he'll work for half a square clicker training inside, no problem. And I use it for basic stuff outside, which still can take up a lot of treats. I feel better that I'm giving him something that's a balanced contribution to his diet, anyway. And really, 100g of pretty junk filled treats in pets at home can be £3 or so, it's not too bad value. For treats, anyway.

10. Pilatelover

JulieT that's precisely how I plan to use it. I've been using Feelwells and although they are good Mabel loves the liver they seem to have worked out very expensive I'd bought a huge supply expecting them to last until Christmas and I've literally ran out plus I think she puts a little too much weight on each week, the vets have said not to worry too much as she's a puppy. It's just easier not to put the weight on in the first place. I should perhaps apply that rule to myself and cut down on cake

11. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Ah, if I didn't have a credit card, access to the supermarket, or the fridge, or the wine store....and someone else was completely responsible for everything that made its way onto my plate....then I'd be slim too!

But dogs are in that position. :)